Hair transplant Mexico vs Turkey is one topic that the hair transplant world debates a lot. Both Turkey and Mexico are excellent choices for hair transplants, so hair loss patients sometimes find it difficult to choose between the two countries. In this article, we settle the hair transplant Mexico vs Turkey debate once and for all, and prove with factual information which country is better for hair transplants.
Which Country Is Best for Hair Transplant?
Turkey and Mexico aren’t just two of the most visited countries in the world; they’re also the two most visited countries for hair transplant operations. Both countries pride themselves on highly advanced hair transplant surgeries. But Turkey is best known for expert hair surgeons and low prices.
Mexico on the other hand, excels in various other types of cosmetic surgery and boasts affordable prices compared to other countries in the United States. In truth, Mexico doesn’t have as many experienced, award-winning experts as Turkey, and this is one reason why Turkey wins the “hair transplant Turkey vs Mexico” debate.
Why Is Turkey So Famous for Hair Transplants?
- Award-winning surgeons: Turkey is the hub for most of the well-renowned surgeons in the field of hair restoration. Most of these doctors have been practicing for decades, and have built up a successful track record that makes them stand out from the competition.
- Affordable prices for high-quality treatments: Turkey offers hair loss patients top-class treatment in state-of-the-art facilities, yet the prices are so low compared to what you find in first-world countries. These affordable hair transplant operations attract people from all over the world.
- Latest techniques: Due to the highly skilled doctors available, Turkey is always on par with the latest advancements in hair transplant technology. From standard techniques like the FUE to advanced hair transplant procedures like Sapphire and Geo grafting, you’ll find several surgeons who can deliver your treatment successfully.
- Success stories: Most people want to do their hair transplant in Turkey because of the thousands of success stories they see online from patients who had their hair transplant operations in Turkey. Most professional surgeons also put up before and after photos of their previous patients on their sites, further attracting clients.
Are Hair Transplants Cheaper in Mexico?
Yes and no. If you’re comparing Mexico to other countries in America and Europe besides Turkey, then yes, hair transplants are cheaper in Mexico. But if the basis of comparison is between Turkey and Mexico, then no, hair transplants are cheaper in Turkey than in Mexico.
The average hair transplant cost in Turkey is $3,000, whereas a hair transplant in Mexico costs $6,000 on average. Bear in mind that prices usually vary depending on the technique employed and the number of grafts.
How Much Does a Hair Transplant in Mexico Cost?
The cost of hair transplants in Mexico ranges from $4,000 to $8,000. This range is low compared to other countries within the geographical area (America), where prices can go up to $12,000 for a single operation. Mexico is excellent at FUE hair transplant techniques but seems to fall behind Turkey when it comes to the latest hair transplant procedures like DHI.
Hair transplant Mexico vs Turkey becomes even more interesting when you consider flight and accommodation costs. With Turkey, at least accommodation is often included in the hair transplant packages, but in Mexico, you’ll most likely have to spend extra money to sort them out.
Why Is Turkey the Best at Hair Transplants?
Most hair transplant clinics in Turkey are state-of-the-art, and they offer premium treatments for the lowest costs imaginable. Surgeons in Turkey have been carrying out hair transplant surgeries since the 1980s, so it’s only natural that Turkey should be the leading country in this regard.
To make things even better, Turkish clinics offer treatments as part of an all-inclusive package that covers most of the expenses the patients will incur during their stay.
A typical hair transplant package will cover:
- Tests and checkups
- Follow up
This is where Turkey wins over Mexico: Mexican clinics rarely offer these kinds of packages, whereas it’s a regular thing in Turkey.
Why Are Hair Transplants so Cheap in Turkey?
- Low cost of living: The cost of living in Turkey is generally low, compared to other first-world countries. This is why doctors have no problem charging low prices for treatments: they can still make decent living wages and profits.
- Medical tourism: The government of Turkey encourages medical tourism, and this is one major reason why prices are generally so low for medical treatments. The government implemented policies like Zero-VAT treatments to boost medical tourism.
- High competition: Turkey has thousands of practicing hair surgeons. In Istanbul alone, there are over 500 hair transplant clinics. The high competition amongst clinics and surgeons makes prices fall very low.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Mexico doesn’t offer all-inclusive packages like Turkey does. However, you may find some clinics running promo offers.
Yes, Mexico is safe for hair transplants. Turkey and Mexico are excellent choices for hair transplants, with high success rates and confidential treatments.