How many grafts can be harvested?
What does the number of grafts depend on?
- Stage I – The hair is still full or the recession of the hairline is not very pronounced – no hair transplantation is necessary.
- Stage II – The hairline is already receding slowly and/or a receding hairline is appearing. 500 to 1500 grafts.
- Stage III – The receding hairline is already pronounced and is moving towards the back of the head. 1500 to 2000 grafts.
- Stage IV – The hair loss is more advanced (for example, the so-called tonsure is already visible). 2000 to 2500 grafts
- Stage V – The hair loss is now very pronounced both at the hairline and at the back of the head. However, tonsure and receding hairline are still separated by a narrow hair band. 2800 to 3200 grafts.
- Stage VI – Hair loss has progressed to the point of semi- baldness 3500 to 4300 grafts.
- Stage VII – Now only a few hairs remain. These form a ring of hair between the ears. 5000 to 6000 grafts.