The causes and symptoms of circular hair loss
Types and symptoms of Alopecia Areata
There are 5 different types of Alopecia Areata:
- Alopecia multilobularis – bald spots appear in several places on the head
- Alopecia unilocularis – the hair only falls out in one place on the head
- Alopecia totalis – all hairs on the head fall out
- Alopecia universalis – rather than patches of hair loss, all the hair on the body falls out
- Alopecia ophiasis – the hair falls out like a crown around the neck and ears (this is a special and unusual form of the disease).